Our Pro Tools Training and Certification courses are different than all others. Rather than having to travel to a specific location and learn in a group setting (all the while spending thousands of dollars to cover the companies’ location costs and profit margins) the user gets one-on-one training from the comfort of their own studio setup! Learn the same information, using your own material, for a fraction of the cost!
Courses include homework and testing (using your own material!) to insure the user has reached a proper knowledge base and skill set to receive certification in the desired area.
Pro Tools Training and Certification Courses
PRO TOOLS CRASH COURSE:
The Pro Tools Crash Course takes a comprehensive approach to learning the fundamentals of Pro Tools LE, Pro Tools HD, or Pro Tools M-Powered systems. Beginning with a proper setup of your system, the course goes on to teach the user how to build sessions that include multi-track recordings of live instruments, MIDI sequences, software synthesizers and samplers, and audio looping with REX or ACID files. Through hands-on tutorials, the user will develop essential techniques for recording, editing, and mixing. If you are new to Pro tools, this is where to start your Pro Tools Training, and this course will get you up and running with professional results!
- · Getting to know Pro Tools
· Creating a Pro Tools session
· Making an audio and MIDI recording
· Importing media from various sources
· Selecting and navigating
· Basic editing techniques
· Introduction to mixing
· Introduction to loops
· Introduction to plug-ins
· Finishing your work
Pro Tools Crash Course$199.99
MIXING and MASTERING COURSE:
In this course, the user will take tracks to the next level by getting the sonic characteristics they have been looking for. The user will learn all of the following and how they apply to their genre of music, or arrangements in general, through detailed examples and instruction:
- · Compression: Usages for Mixing and Mastering Tracks
· Equalization: Developing the sonic characteristics of your desired “sound”
· Effects: How to get the most out of your Plug-ins and settings through automation and routing
· Channel path recording techniques
· Microphones and placement
· Source considerations
· Acoustics: Analyzing your surroundings for Maximum effect
· Preamps: Common and advanced settings and usage
· Auxiliary track usage and importance
· Common signal routing schemes
· Altering sonic characteristics/effects by chaining plug-ins
· Maximizing Digital Signal Processing
· Fading and trimming audio for final delivery and clarity
· Pro Tools System Configurations
· Pro Tools File Structure
· Recording & Managing Audio
· Advanced Selecting and Navigating in Pro Tools
· Advanced Editing Techniques
· Advanced Mixing Techniques
Mixing and Mastering Course$349.99
PRO TOOLS BEAT PRODUCTION COURSE (PRO TOOLS & YOUR MIDI GEAR) :
Become the professional beat creator you desire to be. This course shows the user how to make use of all available tools, such as your external synthesizers, keyboards, drum machines, Reason devices, Xpand, and all of your virtual instruments to become part of a vast music composition system. You will learn how to use your virtual instruments, such as Reason or Fruity loops, as a standalone application as well as how to use it when rewired into Pro Tools as part of a MIDI-based composition or live performance system!
- · Learn to use all of the Reason/ virtual instruments/ and external keyboards, synthesizers, samplers, synthesizers, and drum machines you own as a complete production unit.
· Understanding MIDI through Reason and your external and virtual instruments. The details behind MIDI implementation.
· How to use MIDI controller change messages and how to add hands-on control for expressiveness, such as controlling LFO’s, Filters, Envelopes etc.
· Sequencing and proper quantizing. Learn how to maximize the use of controllers, velocity, pattern-based sequencing, and the like.
· ReWire: Learn the ins and outs of using Reason and your virtual instruments in context with host programs such as Pro Tools, particularly with respect to MIDI and audio integration of vocal tracks and Live instruments.
· Learn to take a live performance approach while recording.
· Loops and samples (we provide you with 1,000s of samples and loops when you sign on) If you’re into loop-based music, Reason. Fruity Loops and other virtual instruments are a great playback and development tool. This course also covers the relationship between MIDI and REX/ACID files, how to use them within Pro Tools, and how to use MIDI editing to alter digital audio.
Beat Production Course
TOTAL PRODUCERS COURSE:
This course is designed for the user who wants to learn all aspects of PRO TOOLS. It combines aspects of all the courses offered from the Protoolshelpline.com, with the user, upon completion, receiving a certificate of completion and certification in Pro Tools after testing. Whether you are a new user, or a seasoned veteran, you will not walk away from this course without the knowledge you have desired to learn. This course evolves with the students prior knowledge and experience in mind! No need to sit in a classroom having to hear, in a group setting, a great deal of information you already know! If you are a new user, it begins with a Crash Course in Pro Tools, where you don’t have to feel rushed through simple topics, it then moves its way into every aspect of Pro Tools. If you have used the program and understand the basics, this course moves immediately into advanced concepts such as elastic audio, chaining plug-ins, acoustics, advanced microphone setup and recording techniques. One of the best elements of this class (which we hear from former students) is rather than having to learn concepts in a group setting on preset songs, the user gets to record and use their own material throughout the course, as they create it, for testing purposes!
The student gets to walk away from this course with professional material which they have created! Every user will finish this all encompassing class knowing how to:
- · Use Pro Tools to record, edit, mix, and master
· All basic functions and features of Pro Tools ( If one is a new user, or needs to brush up on certain areas) such as:
Ø Getting to know Pro Tools (Signal Flow and the Conceptual and Technical side of Digital Audio)
Ø Creating a Pro Tools session
Ø Making an audio and MIDI recording
Ø Importing media from various sources
Ø Selecting and navigating
Ø Pro Tools System Configurations
Ø Pro Tools File Structure
Ø Recording & Managing Audio
Advanced features of Pro Tools such as:
Ø Source considerations
Ø Acoustics: Analyzing your surroundings for Maximum effect
Ø Preamps: Common and advanced settings and usage
Ø Auxiliary track usage and importance
Ø Common signal routing schemes
Ø Altering sonic characteristics/effects by chaining plug-ins
Fundamental to Advanced usage of EQ, Compression, Reverb, Effects, and advanced processing
****Style specific mixing and mastering, covering the rock, rap, hip hop, acoustic, metal, country and many more genres to get “the” sound you are after!
Total Producers Course $599.99